Friday, 8 July 2016

Music of Scotland: Highland Cathedral


        Over the course of my adventures in music, both in playing and listening, I have always returned to one piece in particular.  This piece has always been a favourite, and I never tire of it. Its title is "Highland Cathedral."
        Recently I recorded a cover of it, and now I embed below my recording for you to listen.  I played a backing track of guitar, and added an Irish whistle track for the melody, for which I also was the musician.  I hope you enjoy!


        This is the first post in a gathering of posts profiling some of my favourite Celtic music.  I hope to share some more in the future.  Keep an ear out!

Played & Posted by William A Moore

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is indeed. I plan on having some more recordings of similar music on the blog this fall.

      Delete

Please feel free to respond below regarding this post!